1.27.2015

Get dressed for work - winter capsule

Outfit posts!

I'm still working on photography, these pictures were all taken with a timer. Not my best work for sure. I can see why so many bloggers opt instead to just photograph a whole bunch of outfits in one go. So they are a bit blurry and strange, but you can get the basic idea. I'll work on it.

Anyway, disclaimers aside, this is primarily my work wardrobe. A lot of skinnies and button downs.
I am realizing that I never posted my blazers, of which I have two, a black and a grey.

Gray blazer - Black skinnes - white button down - simple 



Black skinnies again - this is a navy blue button-down


Same outfit with a blazer - it's one of my great joys that you can throw a blazer over almost anything
and make it look professional 

Black T-shirt dress over tights and with a brown cardigan. Wow, I look mad in this photo!





I'm going somewhere! Same outfit but with my big swing coat and work tote



Here's me looking very mysterious. I adore this grey wool trench coat - this was my birthday present to myself

So, that's it for now. I'm still figuring out how to take good photos of myself and my clothes. If anyone has any pointers (that include an iphone) I'd love to hear them!!


I'm planning to an entire post on the awesome that is the black t-shirt dress.

What sorts of things would you like to see? Do tell.

4 comments:

Jacquelyn @justjacq said...

Thanks for linking up! I don't use an iphone for my blog photos but I know there are tripods and remotes for iphones that I think really help. Love how you showed how different an outfit can be by just throwing on a blazer!

Sarah said...

I love the looks with the ankle boots and cropped/cuffed pants! Looks both cheeky and competent -- ready to take on the world.

I think the photos with the yellow wall background work best as it is simpler. You could crop the images to make them even cleaner maybe (i.e., get rid of the bookshelf)? But my selfie skills are no great shakes so maybe don't take advice from me!

Anne said...

Love your skinnies + ankle boots combos! And love Sarah's comment about them too - "cheeky and competent" is such a great way to describe the look. I'd also say fun but polished.

Shea Sayers said...

You have some fabulous coats, I love them both! You're so right about adding a blazer--it always makes me feel professional too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails