11.06.2013

WIAW - getting healthy for fall

Is is Wednesday again already? I love that the theme this month is fall into good habits. I have been having a lot of fun lately getting back into cooking, and my newest habit is cooking things that will last a few days or through the week. On Sunday I've been roasting veggies, making big pots of soup, hardboiling eggs, or baking up some goodies for the week. It makes me feel comforted to know that my fridge is stocked with some healthy foods!






Here's something I did this weekend that was inspired by folks I've seen around the blogosphere. Rather than buying a bunch of single serve yogurts, that just create a lot of waste (and are filled with sugar) I bought one big container of plain yogurt and some frozen berries. Then I divided it all up into these adorable jars for the week. I got six of them. This has worked out so great!! My family for some reason has an aversion to eating yogurt out of the big tubs, but they love these!  I'm looking forward to coming up with different combos.


For a post workout treat this weekend I made a green smoothie, and topped it with some granola. I've never done that before either, but have seen other bloggers do it. So yummy!



With my prepped veggies, lunches have been super easy. Just make up a wrap with a bunch of good stuff. This one has hummus and roasted sweet potatoes, avocado and cucumbers. Maybe that sounds like a weird combination, but it was super tasty!!



Also over the weekend Skater Girl and I treated ourselves to a good old fashioned girls night. We got some takeout sushi, a movie and got in our PJs and relaxed. It was such a great night. I so love having a daughter that we can do these kinds of things! It's especially awesome to have a girl that loves sushi!!



Also, I have to say that I am just loving apples right now! They are so good, at the moment we are going through two bags a week. Can't get enough.

happy hump day everybody!

Do you prep food on the weekends?



2 comments:

Alexis @ Hummusapien said...

Such a good idea to prep those individual yogurts! Glad you liked the cereal smoothie topper :)

Katie Adams said...

That sushi looks AMAZING! Eating it while lounging on the couch sounds like the perfect night to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails