10.16.2013

WIAW: warming up for fall

Good morning everyone! Hope we all have a great hump day. My Wednesdays are excruciatingly long, but tonight I get to meet some friends out for drinks, so that will help me get through! 

Time for some FOOD LOVE - shout out to Jen at Peas and Crayons for keeping the fun going!


It's mostly healthy eats, with a spooky treat at the end.

I had a lovely breakfast at my favorite coffee shop, homemade granola, which they warm up for you and some tangerine ginger iced tea. It's finally starting to cool off a little outside, but not that much yet. 


How's this for a fun lunch?! I had some leftover brown rice, so I made Skater Girl and I some homemade sushi rolls for lunch. She was super excited. Sushi is her favorite thing to eat! 


And I'm still trying to perfect my macro bowls. This one has walnut encrusted tempeh, brown rice with gomasio, sauteed kale, sauerkraut, and avocado slices. Yum yum yum



And now for the treat! I made these pumpkin donuts over the weekend for a pumpkin carving party we went to. They are vegan - the recipe comes from Oh She Glows (thanks Angela!!) These were a HUGE hit. You should make them right now. I might make them every weekend - no kidding. My donut pan has six holes. That's the perfect amount for the three of us. Every. weekend.


Here's Skater Girl and the Oak Man hard at work on the pumpkin. SG designed it to look like a street sign. Ghost Crossing!

Happy October everyone!


4 comments:

Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake said...

Your donuts look amazing.

Nichole said...

MMMM, sushi...I am having some tonight with a friend!

Little Miss Hungry said...

Looooove fall flavored doughnuts! :)

FIFA 15 Coins said...

It's sounds delicious!


FIFA 15 Coins,just take a look here FIFA 15 Coins,you will take fancy with this site all along. Welcome to buy FIFA Coins in our store through following: http://www.fifa15online.co.uk/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails