10.07.2013

Couch to 5k: Week two!


I finally managed to finish the first week of C25k! Last week I was determined to go for a run Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I did it, and it felt absolutely GREAT to follow through! So today I started on week 2. What that means is that I will move up to alternating between running for 90 seconds and walking for two minutes. It wasn't easy, but I got through it. 

One thing I discovered is that it's really fun to run with this lady


This is Kova, and she would run all day long if she could. Running is her favorite thing in the whole world. Having a partner like that makes going for a run super fun! 
We will definitely be doing that more in the future! 

So, recap - it took me starting three times, but I finally got through the first week. It was hard, I'm not going to lie. But, on Friday I got my first glimpse into the possibility that running might actually be fun! For a couple of minutes I forgot about the time, and actually enjoyed running. 

Two more bonuses, in dance class on saturday, I felt stronger, just in general. Also, this may be TMI but my lady time this week was waaaaayy easier to deal with than usual. Virtually no PMS! I think there's plenty of science to back this up, so it was not just my imagination. Great motivation to keep it up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails