10.14.2013

Couch to 5k: week 2 - still going!


I completed week two of the couch to 5k program last week! I managed to get in three runs, again on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Monday and Friday I had the joy of getting to run in the late morning, because of fall break. These lovely pictures are from my run on Friday. I discovered that if I can run in the morning (but not super early), I love it! Up until now I've been running only in the evenings. It's a nice way to wind down after work, but it's starting to get dark earlier, and on my run Wednesday evening, it was almost dark when I got home. I don't really want to run in the dark, mostly because I'm afraid that clumsy me is going to trip and fall!



I'm still enjoying taking the puppy with me, although speaking of tripping and falling, she was zig-zagging so much during this particular one that it was starting to get me frustrated! Usually after about 10 minutes she settles down though. It's hilarious because I feel like I'm really pushing myself to run and she looks like she's barely trotting. She can run probably about 10x faster than me at my fastest!

The weather right now is absolutely perfect for this program! If anyone is thinking of starting, I'd have to say early fall is the best. I'm trying not to think too hard about what I'm going to do once winter hits.

About the program itself, the runs are hard, I'm not going to lie. In fact, I'm a little freaked out that today I have to run for THREE MINUTES STRAIGHT.(gasp!) I feel like such a loser saying that because so many people run a lot longer than that. But I sincerely felt like I was going to die last week when I had to run for 90 seconds. I'm just going to try to trust the program. That's the advice I keep hearing, just trust that it will work. It already seemed easier by the end of the week last week.

And, if worst comes to worst, I will just repeat this week again next week! No worries, the important thing is that I just keep going. That I keep on schedule. The pride that I feel completing a week is amazing. If nothing else, this program has given me quite a feeling of accomplishment. I never thought that I could be a runner (I'm still having a hard time referring to myself that way, seeing as running for two minutes is a feat!)

I'd love to hear about other experiences with running that other people have had? Any advice for newbies? leave a comment!

2 comments:

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body said...

I have heard great things about this running program. That is good that you are enjoying it. The pictures sure look like beautiful fall weather!

Jennifer P. said...

This is a very pretty and inspiring blog! Love the food tips and the pics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails