10.22.2013

C25k review: week 3

I'm sure you've all seen this before, but it's so true, right?

I made it through week 3!

The first run was the easiest of the 3 oddly enough. I'm starting to think that those two days off make for some fresh legs. Granted, I still dance on Saturdays, so it's not like I'm doing nothing, but a break definitely helps!

Monday's run went smoothly, I wasn't sure I'd be able to run for three minutes straight, but I got through it relatively fine. What shocked me was then how easy running for 90 seconds was! I had a couple of moments this week where I thought to myself, I could just keep going! I of course never listen to these voices, maybe I should?

So, yesterday I started on Week 4. Let me just say, it didn't go very well. First of all, it was getting dark outside, and I'd already had a long day. But that wasn't what really slowed me down. On Saturday I had my usual crazy hard dance class. Then, on Sunday I attended a "Monster Yoga Practice" at my favorite studio Shine. They have been doing these 2.5- 3 hour practices once a month, to deepen and further your practice. This month's practice was designed to help us face our "monsters" such as self-doubt, insecurity, envy etc... We began with meditation, and then went through an absolutely brutal asana practice, followed by a lot of pranayama. It was magical, I must say, I absolutely loved it! But man, were my legs sore yesterday!!!

So the program for Week 4 is to run for 3 minutes, then rest for 1, run for 5 minutes, rest for 2.5 and repeat. I didn't make it through the two 5 minute runs (I did 4 minutes, and then 2). I'm hoping that I can do it on Wednesday, but if I can't, I think I'll repeat this week again. I don't mind repeating it. I'm really enjoying the process, and the program! I still feel like I'm accomplishing something, even thought it's challenging. The fact that running for three minutes isn't that bad, considering that when I started running for 60 seconds felt like it was going to kill me? Pretty awesome. Also, Week 4 has you running for a total of 16 minutes out of 21. So, it's actually a lot. I'm not going to stress about it. I'm just so glad that I'm sticking to the program!!!

As a reward to myself for making it though 3 weeks, I bought myself a pair of Lululemon leggings. I figured I can wear them to yoga (2x a week) dance (1x a week) and running (3x a week). That's a lot of use! My other el-cheapo leggings are starting to look not so great. It's a big investment, but man - they are so comfortable and well made! And they do make your tush look pretty great. I got the black Wonder Unders. I'm actually thinking about buying another pair if I make it through the whole program, that's how much I love them.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails