3.12.2013

Hello! And Weekend recap


Sorry for the hiatus... we've all been sick, sick, sick. I don't know what this is, but it just lingers, and lingers. I'm trying not to imagine super bugs that are being created by our anti-bacterial obsessed culture. But, I swear when I was a kid people did not stay sick for two weeks!!

Even still, we managed to get out and enjoy the weekend.

On Saturday, Skater Girl wanted to get her ears pierced, so we went to the dreaded mall (on a Saturday! gah!) Here she is in a very nervous before shot. (I swear she almost passed out, she gets herself so worked up!)




And after, surprised that it was not nearly as bad as she thought it would be!


On Sunday we went to brunch with friends at the super tasty Toast. Toast recently moved to a new location down the street, which I'm not as a fan of as the old location. But the food is still totally awesome. If you're ever in Louisville looking for breakfast, you really can't go wrong.


Then we walked down to the Flea off Market, a new-ish enterprise. Many vendors and food trucks convene to sell wares in a parking lot off of Market st, the first weekend of the month. It's a fun place to catch up with friends, score some vintage finds and pet adorable dogs.


After that we headed over to vintage furniture and wine store, Greenhaus. Apart from being a really cool store, they are starting a new project, called Liberation Living Room. They are having musicians come and give a small intimate show for kids! So far we've been lucky enough to see Ben Sollee,

Everyone is laughing as the puppet asks a question about playing the cello with flippers

Tyrone Cotton, and


Bonny 'Prince' Billy (Will Oldham).



They sing a tune, and then let the kids ask the musicians some questions.

Some of my favorites so far have been:
"I can't ride my bike, how come you can ride yours?"  (asked of Ben Sollee after he talked about his bike tour across the US)

and
"do you like Michael Jackson?"

also,
"do you have very strong muscles?" asked of Will Oldham. To which he replied, "my calves are huge"

These guys have all been great sports and the coolest part of the whole project is that it's going to become a web show! They are hoping also to get it picked up by the local public radio station. It's been a blast so far. I hope that we can make it to more shows. Right now the only way to get in is through a raffle, and we've just lucked out. I'm sure once the word gets out it may get harder.

1 comment:

jennifer anderson said...

my big child is at school in Louisville. totally adores Louisville. the bypass and highway traffic is hard for me tho, even just riding in it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails