2.27.2013

What I ate Wednesday - Veggie style!

It's that time again folks - another What I ate Wednesday!

This month's theme is Love your veggies, and I have certainly been doing that this week!

The week started out on a great foot, because I attended a yoga retreat this past weekend. The retreat I will post about tomorrow, but today I can post about the food! We ate amazing vegan meals all day long.

Unfortunately, I only have a picture of one of the meals! There is just something about running around with an iphone taking pictures of everything that kinda makes you look like a chump on a yoga retreat. I felt like I was getting the stink-eye every time I took it out.

But! Here is the run down. The first morning after sunrise yoga, we ate big bowls of quinoa with apples and raisins, cinnamon, almond milk and a dash of maple syrup.

Lunch was an arugula salad and a tempe salad. The tempe was made with mustard, soy sauce and several other delicious things. We also had a gorgeous butternut squash soup.


Finally, for dinner, we had hand rolled sushi with a mix of roasted beets, carrots, cucumbers, avocado, pea shoots, green onions, and strangely but deliciously peanut butter! That was served with miso soup, and an adzuki bean salad.

For breakfast the next day we had whole grain, gluten free pancakes, roasted root vegetables and kale salad.

It was such a lovely weekend full of great food! And it's inspired me to continue the great habits. On Sunday I went by the grocery store and stocked up on fresh fruits and veggies. We made our own sushi for dinner that night. And my work food has been big salads.



the oak man and I also had lunch at a great Vietnamese cafe down the street where I warmed up on some pho. Yum. 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails