10.09.2012

Happy What I Ate Wednesday!


Time again for another installment of What I Ate Wednesday. A big shout out to Jenn over at Peas and Crayons for setting this up.

This month's theme is


I have a few treats up my sleeve...

As soon as the weather starts turning cool, there are two things I start doing more of: knitting and baking!

This past weekend I baked some apple cinnamon donuts, using this recipe from cooking with my kid. I'm going to keep trying recipes though, because these were still a little on the chewy side, and not as cake-y as I'd like. This was a tricky treat to make for a party, since my donut pan only makes six at a time - it took quite awhile as you can imagine!

The Oak man wishing that he could eat them all

Monday morning Skater Girl was off school, so I thought I'd take the extra few minutes to bake up some banana muffins for breakfast. These are super easy vegan muffins from my favorite cookbook - and they are perfect, slightly crispy around the edges, soft and moist on the inside. And the best part about this recipe is that they are made with just a little maple syrup - no sugar!



Finally, some non-treat eats from the week included lots of veggie sausage biscuits. One at the farmer's market, and one at home.




For lunch I had a yummy spinach salad with strawberries, pecans and a big scoop of quinoa


And for dinner one night I had sauteed black-eyed peas over steamed sweet potato, with a little cheese and salsa


Some more exciting food news - I've joined a vegan mail swap. This looks like fun, and I can't wait to start shopping for my partner!


Finally, I'll leave you with a spooky treat - we saw this Cooper's Hawk eating a pigeon outside of 21C on Sunday. It was a treat for him, but pretty gruesome!  Happy Halloween!


3 comments:

jessielovestorun said...

I can't get over your dinner. It's so simple, but sounds fantastic!

Eating 4 Balance said...

Oh. I hope you share some of those recipes because the muffins in particular look really good!

Happy WIAW.

JenmiJenmi said...

Happy WIAW! Your dinner looks tasty. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails