9.10.2012

Four simple goals



One of the blogs I regularly follow, A Beautiful Mess, recently posted a challenge; to create four simple goals to try to accomplish before 2013.  I thought it sounded like a lovely and inspiring thing to do. So I have created my own. If you'd like to see their goals and the rules of the challenge, click this link!






(this is our cat, Bath, clearly posing for a picture)

1. Volunteer More: this is a new goal that I recently have become passionate about. Over the past five years of graduate school and working towards my doctorate, I feel like I've been extremely centered and focused on myself. Not in a bad way, just in a "I really don't have time for anything that's not school" way. So I've decided to show gratitude to the world and people who have helped me by helping out my community. Hosting our exchange students was one way to do that, but there are plenty of other things I'd like to do too. I'll be posting about some of these opportunities soon.

2. Try a New Exercise: Exercise for me is a very tricky thing. For the most part, I'm pretty lazy. I love yoga, when I have time. But lately, that's been the only exercise I've been getting. I'd like to incorporate some other forms of exercise into my routine. I love to dance, so maybe I could give that a try. At the moment, I'm not sure what it will be, but hopefully doing something new will inspire me to move a little more!

3. Purge Craft Supplies: this seems like an excellent goal to have over the coming months. During oct, nov, and dec, I'm usually creating gifts and doing a lot of crafting. But, I've been feeling that my supplies are getting a little out of hand. So this goal will actually be two-parts: ONE - will be to try to use up my stash when I'm crafting for the holidays and TWO - will be to gift, give away or sell some of my supplies.

4. Read Books on the Shelf: goal number four actually is similar to goal number 3, which is to use what I have. I have quite a few books on my bookshelf that I've been meaning to read, but the call of the library is always so tempting. But, I'm going to try to read at least a few of those that have been sitting around gathering dust. Thankfully, having off for the holidays should make this a fun goal to accomplish!


This sounds totally great. I'm excited for winter and fall and to dive into these goals. I will definitely be posting updates as we move towards 2013!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails