3.22.2012

more buckwheat

I have really been enjoying introducing buckwheat into our diet! So far I've made a slight variation of the shitake dish that I featured on the last post - that was soooo good. The other morning I made blueberry buckwheat pancakes, and they turned out splendidly. I was going to try to make it on a Saturday, but I ended up making them on a weekday, which was a special treat! I also have some soba noodles. Soba is japanese for buckwheat, and these noodles are so delicious. They cook very quickly,and are excellent cold too, since they have such flavor and texture.



I haven't cooked mine yet, but I'm thinking something like this Lazy day peanut noodle salad from 101 cookbooks. Yummy!








Another use for buckwheat that I've been thinking about lately is to make a zafu, or meditation cushion. You can fill these with buckwheat hulls and they make for a comfy seat. I'd like to make one myself, but buying buckwheat hulls in bulk is not very cheap. And there are some really pretty ones on etsy, like this one for example by EarthiErb



My husband has always loved sleeping on a buckwheat hull pillow at night. It takes some getting used to, but can be very pleasant for you neck.

Some other things I'd like to sew that also happen to be filled with buckwheat hulls? How about a wrist rest for my poor typing hands
How freaking cute is this??? From Socksmakeover



and a eye pillow... ahhhh. From HollyWorks

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails