2.26.2012


{Our new yoga room - isn't it lovely?}


Lately, I've been in something of a yoga slump. I want to practice, but I can never seem to make time. This is of course an older than dirt excuse for not doing exercise. I know that if I can find the time to get on facebook or pinterest, I can probably find the time for a couple of downward dogs, right? I admit it, winter makes me really lazy. I'm thinking that I need some way to challenge myself. Right now, at best I'm doing yoga maybe twice a week. We have this great space in our new house. As usual, I want to get up early to do yoga, because I can't figure out how to fit it in any other time of day. I'm totally sick of hearing myself say that I can't get up. But seriously, I can't!! This semester is killing me! I feel exhausted all the time. But the nasty twist is that when I do manage to do yoga, I feel so much better. The second I start, my body just says ahhh, this is what I need. The hardest part is literally stepping onto the mat.

My first inclination is to come up with some sort of crazy challenge, like to do yoga everyday in March. But, I am thinking that I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I thought the whole month of letters thing sounded really fun, but I didn't make it past one week. Granted, it was actually really fun to write some letters, and I think that a few folks were pretty happy to get the mail, so it was totally worth it. Maybe I should just make my goal to do three days a week instead of two. Just incrementally more. I don't know.

One thing I am doing though, is reading some yoga books, and thinking of ways to live my yoga off of the mat too. I can always do that, and I don't have to set aside time for it! Well, I have three more days to decide if I want to do a full on challenge, or just try baby steps. Feel free to weigh in if you have an opinion!

1 comment:

LeapFrog said...

Me too! I begin toning yoga tomorrow, I have missed it so much! I tend to do it in the evening as it winds me down and prepares me for sleep.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails