11.27.2011

Supermarket Showdown: Grocery List



I'm putting together a grocery list based on the menu that I created. I think that this will work okay, the only problem is that there are a few things on the menu that I already have and cannot buy every week. These are things like flour, rice, granola, coffee, nut butters ect... There's also a few baking things that I have to get, such as maple syrup and applesauce, but that I won't use up in a week. I think that I will just try to make do with what I have in the pantry, and hopefully will not have to buy any of those things during the challenge. If I do, I just won't count them towards the total. Alternatively, I could just buy those things each week, and stock up. At least that way I would be able to see how each store does on staples like that. All of those items are things that would keep for quite a while, so it wouldn't be too bad to have a few on hand. I think I'll just do that.

Today will be my first shopping day - and this week's supermarket is Whole Foods. Here's my list.

FRUITS & VEGGIES
apples
bananas
scallions
grapes
celery
garlic
parsley
lemons
carrots
cucumber
peppers
greens
onions
eggplant
potatoes
sweet potatoes


COLD CASE
rice milk
sliced cheese
eggs
mochi
lunch meat


PANTRY
can chickpeas
can artichoke hearts
almonds
sunflower seeds
applesauce
maple syrup
hummus
bread
box soup
wraps
falafel chips
quinoa
cookes
lentils
tempe
tofu


This will be the list that I'll use each week during the challenge. I'll post the receipt, and take photos of the goods as the week goes by!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails