10.09.2011

Wandering



Things have not been going so great lately. I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice to say we are homeless, and have been for about two weeks. My little family has been staying in various different hotels. We've been living out of suitcases and random bags of groceries. Living through car line at school with all of my worldly possessions spilling out of my car. Trying to keep up with work and school while maybe not knowing where I'm going to sleep or what we're going eat that night.

I have much sympathy for those who are actually homeless, and feel very lucky that we can even afford to stay in a (albeit, quite cheap) motel. But seriously folks, this is getting old.

I'm really missing:
1. having a kitchen
2. having a yoga space
3. having privacy
4. not wearing the same clothes day after day
5. having a washing machine
6. fresh veggies
7. being able to get away from the television
8. being able to get away from...my family!!

I really don't like lights out at 9pm either.

And of course skater girl has two days off school next week just to add insult to injury.

Hopefully we will get some word this week about the whole situation, and our living arrangements will improve. I had the opportunity to visit our new house the other day, to let in some workmen. I was reminded of why I love this place, and I can't wait to get in there!

One thing this whole process has done for me is I feel that I'm taking a lot less for granted than I was before. I can appreciate the little, simple things in life again. Little things like dishes. Braised greens. Closets. Yards. Desks. Space. Routine.

2 comments:

glock dual action springs said...

My place is not that big but i have the space for the activities i often do.

19fortiesAngel said...

We are thinking of you and hope for a quick turnaround on your new house! If you need anything, email me. Love ya, A.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails