7.10.2011

Summer days, summer nights

It's full on summer, which means that I'm not spending a lot of time on the computer. (or at least not when I'm not working!) So our days are filled with lots of happy plants, sunshine, fresh fruits, swimming, hanging out with friends, crisp wine, tans... ahhhhhh. It's awesome. We also went on vacation at this lovely place.



The oak man and I went alone, for our very first adult vacation. It was wonderful, I can't wait to do it again. Everyday would start with a yoga class in this lovely place,




{View of the inside}

Then the hardest decision after that was smoothie or soak? should I put on more sunscreen or go get a massage? It was delightful, by the end of the week I felt like all the tension from grad school was gone, I was brown from head to toe, my stomach was working properly again, my husband and I reconnected in a way we hadn't in years, and I. felt. good.

It's carried over some. We've decided that we are going to keep up the happy and healthy life by doing less on the weekends, making a sweet yoga room in the basement, eating well+drinking less and just making more time to relax. I'm also trying to attend to my spiritual side a bit. I think that I've been neglecting it. I realized as much when my cynicism that I wear for armor here at home, came across as uptight and mean there. I've kind of lost my sense of wonder, my ability to give hugs, my enjoyment of nature, so many things. Anyway, no big changes, just going to try to lead a more open-hearted existence. Just going to try to connect with the positive energy I can find. Going to try to cultivate beauty and live with grace. Going to try to smile more. Here's a nice poster I found that about sums it up.


{From HarperGrace on etsy}

1 comment:

Y is for Yogini said...

Oooh. Sign me up! I need to be making tough decisions like that. Although I feel like a massage is usually the right answer. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails