5.13.2011


I've been pretty under the weather this past week. So today, I decided to work at home and for lunch I made a pot of easy lentil soup. I'm hoping that the garlic and warm broth will help me start feeling more like myself again. I'm not sure if it's related to allergies. It seems like I feel much worse when I go outside, so it's pretty likely. But if it is, it's by far the worst bout I've had. Last night I was almost in tears from how bad my head was aching.

At any rate, not that I decided to come back to blogging just to complain about how badly I feel.

I miss my little blog. I just miss rambling and posting pretty pictures. So I guess that is the purpose that it serves. Anyway, things are going well in dissertation-land. I feel like I've been pretty productive, and my new adviser is better than I could have imagined. Although my bar is set quite low from working with my old adviser. I'm just delighted that he answers my emails, schedules appointments in a timely manner, is around the lab to answer questions, and has actually defended my situation to the chair of the department. So yes, actually things are looking up. Aside from the little annoying things that my old adviser keeps popping in to do (e.g. erasing files off the lab computer that I was using, moving the database and not telling anyone, refusing to renew our IRB protocol or assigning someone else as the new PI etc...) things are running fairly smoothly right now. I still have yet to get my proposal approved but new adviser seems to think that will be no biggie. So I have approximately 2-3 weeks to finish writing my proposal and preparing a defense. Then hopefully all will be smooth sailing for the next few months. My funding runs out in Sept, and I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing about that, but I'll figure it out.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a recipe

Easy Vegan Lentil Soup

  • chop up a few carrots and half an onion
  • saute in a pot with a tablespoon of olive oil until they are soft and just turning a little brown around the edges (about 8-10 min)
  • add two diced garlic cloves, saute for a minute
  • add a quart of vegetable broth, bring to a slow boil
  • add a cup of lentils, two bay leaves and some thyme (I used fresh, about a tablespoon)
  • cover and turn down to low, let simmer for about 45 minutes

You could also add celery or other veggies, I was just not in the mood to chop much.
**Be sure to take the bay leaves out before eating

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Best Deal for earning money over the internet is finally here. Check out by yourself:
Lot of Earning

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails