2.16.2011

sunshine and yoga



I will try not to write about the fact that I never feel like I will develop a consistent practice and instead focus on something else. Surely there's more to ashtanga than the requirement to do it everyday? I manage to get there three times a week. I would love to work my way up to more, but it never seems to be in the cards. One day at a time.

Here's some interesting news though, the "Dragon Lady" is now the main teacher during mysore-style in the morning. I'm not sure what's happened but the usual teacher is now coming in when I'm usually leaving (around 7am). Anyway la dragon has a cute southern accent apparently. But she also pushed me down quite severely in the forward bends last week. Thankfully, it didn't hurt but I was a bit surprised by the force! It's been nice, she's much more interactive than our old teacher. I think it's simply a case of being new and eager, as well as the older teacher also owns that studio and two others, teaches all day long and is very serious. I have much respect for her, but she's not much into adjustments. She will say things like, "face touches knee, somehow, someway." She can be funny, "Navasana is our favorite pose, that's why we do it 5 times", or "Marichyasana D, D for doughnuts. As in, if you have too many, you won't be able to do it"

Anyway, the other news is that the Oak Man is now also becoming all yogi'd out. He's been taking hot yoga and really loves it. He even went on a short trip this weekend and brought his mat to do some yoga in the hotel room. So proud! It's been fun to discuss poses with him. The funny thing is that three other guys at their company (tree climbers - uber macho) are all taking yoga too now. It's great! We even took a free"couples yoga" class for v-day. It was a lot of fun. we got to do this!

1 comment:

maquiberriesblog said...

Me and my boyfriend have been doing yoga for about a month now. I can't believe I got him to do it either. He's such a good man. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails