1.07.2011

A break from real life

When I get a little down, what with all the computer programming, low self-esteem and drama of graduate school, I like to fantasize about opening a little coffee shop in our neighborhood. We live in an old neighborhood, most of the buildings are over 100+ years, and many of them have a quaint charm. There's an old chocolate shop around the corner that's for rent, it's been empty since we moved here. It doesn't look so great right now...



but I can imagine turning it back into something sweet. A place where people could gather, and kids could drink hot cocoa. I could have book clubs and knitting groups, poetry readings, and neighborhood meetings. I imagine it to look something like this...



I would fill it with all manner of thrifted mis-matched furniture, and used books. I just love the idea of waking up and strolling down the street to open my little store. SG's bus could drop her off here after school and she could sip on something while doing her homework. Ah well, a girl can dream right?

1 comment:

Tati Karpa said...

and do not forget to always follow your dreams,

they know the right path to happiness...

hope your dreams come true



another girl living the dream fo life

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails