11.29.2010


I'm looking forward to being done with the 30 posts of truth project. To be honest, what started out as sounding like an interesting way to spice up blog posts, it's really boring to be always dishing on myself. Although, yes - in this blog I generally talk about myself, it's just not in such deep and revealing ways. I don't know, I've lost interest, but then - I loose interest in most things anyway.

Which brings me to my confession... I barely went to yoga in the month of November. We're talking like twice, seriously. Either I or the Oak man have been traveling for conferences or holidays all month. I've been totally stressed and stretched quite thin. But even still, I'm a little disappointed in myself for not sticking to it better. Or at least trying to practice at home a little bit. However, there was one really fun thing that I did. I went to another studio. It seemed like cheating on my studio and ashtanga. But the oak man gave me a gift certificate to this other studio for christmas last year, and I thought I might as well use it before the year is up! I also got a lovely new mat out of it. :)

And you know what? It was fun to be in a class where there was discussion. The teacher asked at the beginning of the class for everyone to say their favorite poses, and their least favorite (I couldn't think of a single one, it was funny). We did them all and tried to appreciate our frustrations. We also did handstands and backbends, two things I never do. And they were really fun! I might try to do that more often, make it to other classes once in awhile. Although I looooove ashtanga, it can be a little serious sometimes. And at 6AM it's full of type A folks that make me feel a little schlubby sometimes.

Regardless, I got my butt to the studio this morning. It was hard, I will not lie. But I have felt really great all day and I am so glad that I went! I'm getting back on the yoga horse now that the month of hellish stress is over.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

So, anyway onto the truth posts of the day (doubling up again so I can hurry up and get through it already!)
25. The reason I'm still alive today
- um well, I really have no answer for that. I've never had a near death experience, and I think it's just dumb luck that nothing bad has ever happened to me. Although I would be remiss if I didn't at least acknowledging my awesome parents who have always worked very hard to keep me safe and healthy. My mom is definitely the reason why I eat so super healthy now. Which is strangely ironic because she doesn't really take very good care of herself.

And 26. have I ever really thought about giving up on life.
- this may sound hard to believe but the answer to this question is a big fat NO. I love being alive. Maybe it's the fact that I've never believed in an afterlife, but even when I was very, very depressed I never wanted to end it. I've wanted to give up and run away, to kill other people, to drink to the point of blacking out, to stay in bed and never come out again, but I've never wanted to die. I just have too much curiosity. No matter how bad things get, I always feel like I can change them for the better somehow. Maybe that's it, I've just never really felt that helpless.

So now off to make a big pot of soup and get warm!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails