11.23.2010

Day 22/23: 30 posts of truth

Something you wish you had done in your life/ something you wish you hadn't done in your life

I have a confession to make. Sometimes I wish that I had had another kid. The reason for this is simply that I wish SG was able to grow up with a sibling. She'd be a great big sister. But I feel like it's too late for that now. She's almost 8 and it just wouldn't be the same. Plus, I think that if I had a baby at any point during dissertation hell I'd probably just cash in my chips and quit school. But yes, being that I grew up with siblings, I feel like she's missing out. And I hate that she's my only shot at grandkids. I love the idea of a house full of a big family. Oh well, when I had the chance, I couldn't stomach the thought of going through childbirth and babies all over again. I didn't have the amnesia that other women have, I just couldn't wait for her to be old enough to have a conversation with.

Okay, and something I wish I hadn't done in my life? Given up dancing. When I was younger the only I wanted to be in life was a dancer. It consumed all my waking hours. When I got older, I decided, for a number of different reasons to quit. What I wish is this, I wish that I had listened to to my high school instructor who told me to pursue modern dance instead of ballet, that was a stupid choice. And I wish that I had pursued choreography. I had talent for it and I squandered it. Simply out of fear, really. Many days go by where I wish that I still had that opportunity.

2 comments:

Cucipata said...

Doors close as we move through life, but rather than regreting the ones we did not open it helps to focus on the ones we still have the chance to go through.

João Victor Araripe said...

Nice ! Can you comment on my blog too ? breakpointbrasil.blogspot.com/ - And i have a twitter if you can follow me, i would follow you too ! Thank you, Bye !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails