11.02.2010

Day 2: 30 posts of truth

Today I'm supposed to write about something I love about myself. This is almost as difficult as writing about something I dislike. It's funny, today is election day, which means that SG doesn't have school, I thought it would be fun to make some muffins since I still had an abundance of squash, and some extra time. As I was making them I was thinking about this post and thought, "that's one thing I like about myself, I'm a really good baker!" And lo and behold, the muffins turned out really bad. They won't stay together and are completely flat, and too dark. Jokes on me. I'm not sure what happened, it's a vegan recipe, which calls for maple syrup instead of sugar. I substituted molasses and honey, I don't know if that had anything to do with it though. Also the oat bran I used was pretty old. I've used this recipe before and they turned out beautifully, so I'll get some fresh ingredients and try again. And that brings me to the other thing I like about myself. I'm not a quitter!

1 comment:

ily said...

heee heee heee, i would love one of your muffins right now, you are an excellent baker!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails