11.21.2010

30 posts of truth - high speed version

Out of fear of dragging this out for too long, I've decided to get myself back up to speed by posting several of these at once. I've been out of town the past week, without an internet hook-up so I've gotten behind. So, here we go.

Day 14 - a hero that has let you down.

He's not exactly a hero, I can't say that I really have any of those, but Miles Davis is someone I always thought was super cool until I found out that he beat his wife. Fail.

Day 15 - Something or someone you couldn't live without because you've tried living without it.

I'm sad to say that I am having this problem with dairy. I'd really like it to be out of my life once and for all, I think it's highly unusual that we drink the milk of another mammal, but I'm eating cheez-its as we speak.

Day 16 - Someone or something you definitely could live without.

Please see above.

Day 17 - A book you've read that changed your views on something

Mad Cowboy an excellent book by a man who was raised on and owned a cattle ranch, and has since decided to go vegan.

Day 18 - Your views on gay marriage

I absolutely believe that gay people should have all the same rights as straight people, no question. My views on marriage as an institution? that's another story.

Day 19 - What do you think of religion? of politics?

While these are not easy questions, here's my summary. I believe that humans are an accident and religion is something that we made up to explain away our fear of our own mortality.

I do believe however, that we are all equals and should be treated as such. Government should be set up in such a way to protect individual rights and freedoms. I think that healthcare should be a right, and childcare, and education. I think the government should do a better job protecting our food systems and our planet, and feeding our children. And I think that corporations have NO place in government. In fact, I think there should be much stronger laws against advertising. Ultimately I think our system is corrupt and probably won't last. But we're a young country, maybe we'll figure it out. There will probably have to be a pretty significant paradigm shift in order to get through all the environmental and health problems that face the world. I hope that we can do it as a species, but if not, we are really just a blip in the universe and sadly, it doesn't really matter that much.

Day 20 - your views on drugs and alcohol

Pot should be legal. Alcohol ruins lives. Cigarettes are stupid. Caffeine is wonderful.

Day 21 - Scenario, your best friend is in a car accident and you got into a fight 2 hours before, what do you do?

I could really use some more details on this one. Is he dead? If not, then obviously I high tail it to the hospital and hope that all turns out well so I can apologize and make things right. If so, well then I'd probably feel like shit about it for the rest of my life and make better efforts not to leave things badly with others.


Okay! I'm back up to speed and I can continue the once a day posts until the end of the month.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails