10.05.2010

committed

What is commitment? I started thinking about this after reading a post about yoga and sticking to a program even you really don't feel like it. Commitment comes from the word "bind together". And the two things that you are binding together are your intention and your faith. You have faith in the outcomes of your intention. This I love. Because it makes it so clear what it is that I am doing when I am failing to show commitment. I am loosing faith. Once again, a yoga lesson turns out to be a life lesson. The less faith that I have that I will graduate, or that if I do graduate that I won't be able to do anything with my degree, then the less apt I am to commit. The truly viscous part though is that if I don't commit, then I will never reach any goals. And this is the key for me - the second half of commitment, the part that I have problems with. The - do it anyway part. Even if you don't feel like it, or have lost faith, or can't really see the point, do it anyway. Reminding yourself of your original intention can help sometimes. But there are times, more than I care to admit, when it's better not to think too much, and just do it.

But back to yoga, I have a daily commitment with yoga, sometimes I fulfill that commitment and sometimes I don't. This morning was hard. It was very dark when I woke up. And cold outside. When I got to the studio, the heat made me sluggish. I was grumpy because I was stiff, and felt weak. But I'm glad I went. And I'll go back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Even said...

This was enlightening! i like the idea of having faith in your intentions. It almost sounds like a conceptualization of free will that I could stand behind. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails