8.30.2010

Deep Breath.



It's a new day, and a new week. I'm going to try to have a week that I can feel really good about. I spent this weekend feeling really down, and last night was literally the pits. Today I feel wrung out, and ready for a fresh perspective. I'm going to eat fresh healthy foods, I'm going to exercise and get some fresh air. And I'm going to work my a** off to get my current draft of my proposal done before Sept. starts. Which I realize is Wednesday, but I'm almost done - so it's doable.

Anyway, I want to feel good about all the decisions I make, and I want to make the right choices in life. I have always been a person who likes to have a plan and know what is going to happen in the future - and right now that is virtually impossible. It is stressing me out. I keep telling myself to simply take it one day at a time and make each day as good as it can be, but it is not easy.

Today I will ride my bike to campus, and help out with a seminar that the grad students are holding. Then I'll spend the next couple of hours finishing my homework for class. When I get home, I'll figure out a menu for the week, and when the Oak man gets home I'll leave and get groceries. I'll make a quick healthy dinner and go to bed early ready to have a super productive day tomorrow. I will not think about the horrible conversation that I had last night, or my feelings of failure or nurse this depression any further. Each day I will do something to work towards my goal of finishing my degree program by May. Each day I will get my self a little bit further towards that goal. And each day I'm going to be kind to myself by taking care of my body and nourishing my brain with positive thoughts. Okay.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails