5.29.2010

Summer Fresh



So we got an incredible CSA haul this morning. Baby turnips, radishes, cilantro, a few baby carrots, strawberries, swiss chard, kale, mustard greens, garlic scapes, kohlrabi, bok choi, lettuces, and sugar snap peas.







Whew!!







I'm going to do my absolute darndest to use every bit of it. I already prepped the turnips to use with this recipe. And I sliced all the radishes and put them in jars with lemon juice and cayenne pepper, a delicious treat taught to me long ago by a friend's mom.



Oak man goes crazy for them. Then I cooked up a bunch of chard and scapes with some scrambled eggs and cheese for lunch. Yay! I love summer food!! Next week we'll have to get there earlier though. We slept in and missed the cucumbers. But it was worth it, we were out pretty late last night.

So, does anyone have good advice for kohlrabi? I don't have a clue what to do with it!

1 comment:

B. Miller said...

Every bit of that produce looks so good! I have no idea what that last one is... it looks kind of like a cabbage...

Have you tried chayote squash? It's SO good. They have it at my local farmer's market and I always try to get some when I go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails