3.22.2010

Day one (for real this time)



Started my yoga practice today. That picture above is the primary series of Ashtanga poses that I will be learning. Once you master that series, you move on to the intermediate, and so on - but that will be a long way off. Today I got through the two types of sun salutations, (five of A & three of B) and the first 12 standing poses. I'm a little sore but feel very good that I'm doing this. I have such high hopes that I'll feel better, look better, and sleep better if I keep this up. Yes, I do realize that I'm placing many proverbial eggs in this basket, but it's called motivation.

My mantra as of late:

Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water
After enlightenment, chop wood carry water

1 comment:

B. Miller said...

WOW. That poster is impressive. I know there's no way I could do that on a regular basis. Very cool.

Good luck with your yoga! Should you also be chopping and carrying during enlightenment? ;)

I'll let you know how my own foray into healthier realms goes... Although I expect cutting out things like caffeine and alcohol will make me rather grouchy at first. Ah well. At least I'm prepared for the eventuality, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails