3.31.2010

Day 8


(Here is our garden today after adding some compost and raking up the dead weeds. I can't wait to plant something, but since we're going out of town in a couple of days, I figure I should wait until we get back...)

Week two of early morning yoga and I'm keeping up with it! It was a full moon on Monday so no practice, and then yesterday I had a great one - feeling very strong. Today my teacher gave me a few more poses. Paschimottanasana, and the various different versions of all the seated forward bends. There's janu sirasana A, B, C (which my teacher told me I could think of as A, then B for butt, then C for crotch. Which helps you to remember where to put your foot, and the order.) Finally doing the twists, Marichyasana A,B,C, and D. (which my teacher said, "D for death" it's quite hard!) I ended with five repetitions of navasana . Very hard!!! My sun salutations are feeling more fluid though, especially by the last two. So far this is the one I'm dreading every time...



I loose my balance and feel very silly. :) The other poses I can feel progress, but this one still feels exactly like it did the first time I did it.

I am loving this new aspect of life.
"Get up, do yoga - the rest will come!" -Patabi Joyce

1 comment:

B. Miller said...

Very cool! Glad your skills are progressing. Good luck with the new garden!

If y'all are heading this way, I'd love to get together for a cup of coffee... or a beer, ha. Shoot me an email on FB if you're interested.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails