3.23.2010

Day 2

Groan...

It took a lot of effort to get out of bed this morning. I felt wonderful after practice, but now I'm sooooo sore and tired! And it's not even 10AM yet! I must say, the feeling of getting exercise out of the way before you start your day is wonderful. Hopefully after a week of this, I won't feel like I'm getting it "out of the way" but actually enjoying it or looking forward to it. It's been a long time since I've done any kind of regular exercise (a loooooong time) and I can really feel it! It's cool, the teacher who was such a hardass when I started, is now very encouraging and positive - I think she just wants to scare off people who aren't sure about it. That sounds mean, but I can understand it. It does take a lot of time for her to have a beginning student, and it would be disappointing if they only came sporadically. I'm beginning to recognize some of the people in the class. Some are dedicated and there everyday, and some I haven't seen before. But this is only my third time there, so maybe they only come on certain days. I think actually it will be best for me to go everyday. Even if I have the option of doing like 3 days a week, I think I'll be much more likely to give up on it if I let myself sleep in on some days. I felt literally cemented to my bed this morning!! But now the sun is shining and I'm going to try to ride my bike into work. It will probably be a slow ride. :)

Just some notes for myself, and anyone who's interested in Ashtanga -- I got through all of the standing poses today and will just do that for the rest of the week. I can NOT get my hands in prayer position behind my back!! yikes!

3 comments:

goldendovedesign said...

I recently stumbled upon your blog and I'm enjoying your notes on your yoga practicing. It has been really important in my life but I unfortunately tend to get so busy in my life (work, fantasizing over JCrew catalogues :) ) that I forget to practice every day. I notice a huge difference in mood and productivity when I don't excercise. I'm looking forward to reading more!

B. Miller said...

My goodness - I can't even imagine trying to put my hands behind my back like that! Impressive!

Stick with your plan - I bet after this week, things will get a lot easier. And you'll feel better too! I'm cheering you on!

maepress said...

Thanks and welcome goldenlovedesign!

And B - I'm looking forward to things feeling better by next week. *fingers crossed*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails