2.25.2010

All My Bags Are Packed


All My Bags Are Packed
Originally uploaded by Boy_Wonder.



I got a book yesterday entitled "destination dissertation" which instructs you to see your dissertation as a trip that you are taking rather than a mountain that you have to climb. So far, it seems like a fantastic book. It breaks the journey down into 29 steps, and even breaks those steps down into hours. Total, they say it should only take you about 1000 hours - working 40 hours a week, that's about 6 months. Now, I know that it will take me longer than that, but it sounds pretty great in theory. At the moment, I'm at the very early stages, of just trying to come up with a proposal, committee, and design. This is actually a pretty huge part of the whole process - and I think that the more front-end work that you do, the better off you are in the future. The last thing I want is for this project to drag on and on. And, from what I can tell - it actually can't because it looks like my adviser might be retiring in a year or two. So I could run out of funding, or run out of resources. It's a little up in the air right now. So, whenever he gets back from his trip - I need to have a serious sit down, and find out what the heck is going on! I need to not panic too, of course. This could all be silly rumors. I've got so much to do in the next year and a half. So, no more blogging - need to get to work!

1 comment:

pixie658 said...

That is a great way to look at it! I look forward to reading more about your dissertation and following you on your journey! Lots of luck and hugs will be sent you way. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails