1.02.2009

resolutions?


tracks in the snow? Nope, cookie tracks in the sugar!

I always enjoy coming up with new year's resolutions. I think it's just my propensity to enjoy a new start. I've always liked the idea of change, of things being fresh and having a new start. So a few years back, I decided that it would be fun to make resolutions based on something I've been wanting to do or learn how to do, but hadn't got around to it. So I made the resolution to learn how to knit, and I was kitting before the holiday break was over. I got to check it off my list, and feel good about myself. It almost seems like cheating, but why make the resolution something unpleasant? So, anyway this year- I'm thinking about this, and going over the usual things that I'd like to do this year, things that basically I know I'm going to have to do anyway... and trying to come up with something fun. I want to make it to actually sew a garment. But I feel like I should make it to learn Matlab finally. However, like I said- one is a resolution that would be a fun thing and I would feel like I accomplished something, and the other is something that I'm going to have to do anyway, I've just been putting off. So I guess, in that case it sounds like I have already made the decision. So, for this year in addition to all the other mini-goals, sub-goals and goals within goals that I have bouncing around in my head on a daily basis- I now have one large official one. That I'll actually look forward to completing!

Happy New Year everyone. And here's to fresh starts, and getting around to fun projects!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails