11.24.2008

More holiday crafting

So I've been on the search for a good, easy gift that SG and I could make together for her buddies for christmas and I think I've found it. Amy over at Angry Chicken has a nice group of them but I think I'm going to try to make the little photo hangers. SG liked the idea and the materials are easy enough to come by. Can I just say how much I love her blog? Since it's Thanksgiving, I'm just going to say that I give thanks today for all my favorite blogs, the one's that I check daily, which I'll list here- in case anybody is wondering!

I knit that's it
(my super cool friend who now lives way too far away in New Zealand. Read about her awesome knitting skills and her new foray into spinning. In addition to that- the photos of NZ are incredible)

Knit and Tonic
(most knitters are familiar with this one, she's a fabulous knit designer with a sharp wit who lives in Southern California and writes about pretty much anything that crosses her mind. I've been reading her blog for so long that I feel like I know her)

Soulemama (This one pretty much fufills my living vicariously-through-bloggers slot. She's a mom, in Maine who homeschools her adorable kids and they're always out in nature, doing really cool things. She's crafty and wise and her blog chokes me up often. It's my secret wish that someday skater girl will marry her oldest son ;) *and congratulations Amanda! the SIXTH addition to their family is now in the world!**

whip up (here's just a fantastic resource for all things crafty- it is so thorough that you are almost certain to get lost in it- be prepared)

wee wonderfuls
(I mention her a lot- not only do I love this Chicago mom's designs, but I totally respect her ability to crank them out!)

orangette (just inspiring- makes me want to live a more beautiful and delicious life!)


There are many more, which I always have listed in the sidebar- and if anyone reading this has any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. These are just basically the one's that I feel a little attached to, because I've really kept up with them for a long time. I'm so thankful to them for opening up their houses and minds a little bit to us! I find that blogging is a very interesting form of communication- it can be deeply personal and yet, so one sided. At any rate, it's opened my mind up to a whole community that I wouldn't have access to, and makes the world just a tiny bit smaller.

1 comment:

ily said...

Aww shucks! You're so sweet and correct - blogging rules. I love those little photo lines! What a great idea! Might look nice with some handspun too!
Those dolls you want to make are also amazing! Can't wait to see them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails