4.07.2008

Sunday garden

(I wanted to post this a week ago, but Blogger was giving me trouble. I'd like to pretend that this was this past weekend, when I was actually sick and it was cold and rainy, but this post is the weekend before last.)
It was 70 and fabulous this weekend and the Oak man and I finally got started on the garden! He brought home the air knife, which is a crazy gizmo that shoots air out of a tube. I'm not really sure exactly what it is or how it works but it tilled up the soil and made our gross clay-ey yard look lovely in about 15 minutes!! It can be used to remove an entire tree, roots and all with no dirt ball, and not harm the roots. I don't know, it seems like magic to me.
So here's some shots of the magic in action.



And here's the wonderful after-ness.

I put in Kale, Broccoli, brussel sprouts, spinach, arugala, and buttercrisp lettuce, and celery



And there was some art makin' too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

You have got a nice blog. There is a problem though. I couldn't find any way to search your archive. It's annoying to manually go through several months. Please add a search box to the layout of your blog. Here is a link to a ordinary search box that you can add to your Blogger layout.

How To Add Search Box

maepress said...

hey thanks for the tip! I added it and it seems pretty cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails