6.06.2007

swap sadness


I'm feeling a bit sad and stressed out because the two packages I've sent overseas have not arrived. The sweet monkey that I worked so hard on and my coloriffic package which was packed full of one of a kind handmade things. My partner for the monkey swap has even now given me a bad rating which makes me want to cry and has gotten me banned from another swap I was signed up for!

I'm not really sure what to do. I know that overseas packages can take a really long time to get there, especially if you don't spring for the really really expensive shipping. (which I didn't, and sorry but I can't feel that guilty about it. These packages are for strangers.) Anyway, now I'm stuck feeling like a bad guy, but I'm not really sure what I can do about it. If it's the post office's fault, and I sent my packages out early enough, I just can't justify spending another 20-30 bucks sending out a second package to the person. Chances are, they will get the original package. The only thing I think I can do is try to choose better shipping next time around, and make sure I get a tracking number. I can just chalk these up to learning experiences. But it definately is a bummer- and annoying because I started these swaps as hobby and a way to have fun, and now it's turned stressful- which is just silly.

2 comments:

ily said...

:( that's dumb. stupid international postage - it's very expensive!!!

Even said...

Boy, I hope it arrives eventually and that person can change the rating. It's definitely not your fault. One more good reason to deregulate the postal system.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails